Our teeth are one of the first things people notice. They can be a sign of health as well as confidence. But the sad truth is, no matter how many times we brush them, we keep on staining them from the things we do like drinking tea, coffee or smoking.
But fret not because there is still hope. With these simple ingredients you can easily find in your home, you can still have that dazzling smile you wish to have.
1. Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
Mix half teaspoon of baking soda with few drops lemon juice in a small cup until it has a paste-like consistency. Use the paste to apply to your teeth and gently brush it with a toothbrush. Be sure to brush it no longer than two minutes as baking soda is a mild abrasive. Use this technique once a week.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide has antibacterial properties and works great as a total mouth and gum cleaner. But before using it, make sure that your teeth are not too sensitive.
- Use as mouthwash - Dilute hydrogen peroxide with equal amount of water. Swish around your mouth for one minute, and then rinse.
- Use as toothpaste - Mix half a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to a teaspoon of baking soda in a small cup until it resembles a paste-like substance. Apply it into your teeth and brush. Let it sit for 1 to 2 minutes, then rinse.
3. Sea Salt
Sea salt has antibacterial properties and helps neutralize acids in the mouth.
- Use as mouthwash - Mix half teaspoon of sea salt with water in a teacup. Stir and let it dissolve. Swish the solution in your mouth for 30 seconds, then spit. Saltwater gargle helps reduce swollen, inflamed gums and washes away bacteria.
- Use for brushing - Mix half a teaspoon of sea salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice with a small amount of toothpaste in a bowl. Stir together and apply mixture all over your teeth. Leave for one minute then rinse.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar works as a natural teeth and gum cleanser. It is helpful in removing stains obtained from coffee or tea drinking and smoking. Since it is naturally acidic, it helps break down plaque and other substance stuck in your teeth.
- Use as mouthwash - Dilute half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Rinse your mouth with this solution before brushing your teeth.
- Use directly into teeth - Rub apple cider vinegar directly on your teeth and leave for one minute, then rinse mouth thoroughly.
Take 2-3 strawberries and mash it up. Apply the paste substance all over teeth and then rinse. Berries contain antioxidants and other compounds that is beneficial to the health of your teeth.
Reminder: Do not use all these methods at the same time. Be sure to consult your dentist if you feel any pain or discomfort.